
Just now, I can't decide whether to focus my attention on my aching elbow or my overall sense of disconnection from my body. The elbow is definitely more immediate--I banged it on a metal bed-frame and it hurts like a bitch to put any pressure on it. But if I'm honest, this disconnection I speak of is far more worrisome. I really feel unhealthy. I used to live by the do-what-feels-good standard, and it served me well. Now, however, I've reached a point where what I eat and what I don't eat makes me feel sick and irresponsible. When I attend a yoga session, I leave feeling so specially in-tune with all the movements and frequencies, needs and desires of my body--what my instructor calls "Yoga Bliss." But that bliss fades so very quickly. I want that to change. I want to be a good steward of the body I've been charged with. I want connection all the time.



No comments:
Post a Comment