Sunday, February 22, 2009

I will.


I feel as though I am buried under an avalanche of responsibilities. While in some this would create a penchant for time management and efficiency, in me it only exacerbates a preexisting struggle with procrastination. Even now as I write, imagining a reality in which those responsibilities were suddenly relieved and I could  simply travel the world stretching every moment out until it surpassed its fullest potential, my eyes begin to prick. What I would not give to live that life. Ah, but therein lies the rub. I would not give my education. Thus I resign myself to overwhelming responsibility.

My education demands much of me. I work twenty hours a week, I have homework and reading to complete, I finance my own tuition and living expenses, I actively participate in three separate student organizations, and I am tired of it all. As of late, motivation evades me, leaving me only to ponder what I feel I am missing--Wonder.

Even when I find myself in situations wonderful by nature, my mind ruminates on the looming responsibilities. True, I could make time to smell the roses, I could better use the time alloted me. But, I don't want to.

What a petty excuse.

Thus, I begin this diary. I will find something wonderful in every day. I will commit it to memory by writing of it here. I will peer closer.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Ponder wonder. How beautiful.

Peer closer, we all should.