Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Clothing-My Body as a Canvas Part I


My body is sacred. Moreover, it is a canvas. Thus, the clothing I dress in must reflect the body and soul it adorns. Up until the beginning of this academic year, I have not had the means or the guts to wear clothes I truly love, but the beginning of this academic year brought many changes. I am learning to love my body. Not the body I can squeeze and reshape and hide, but my body, bare. I am learning to take pride in my own skin, find the beauty and sex appeal in my curves. And I am wearing clothes that reflect that.

These are some of the articles of clothing I would love to someday own or make:

Tie-dye Tights, bold and edgy.

Studded Combat Boots, a throwback to my grungy Seattle roots.

Medieval Moccasins, sexy lace ups and a beautiful contrast to my fair skin.

Floor-Length Wrap Around Skirt, beautiful ethnic cloth and a high waist.

Bombshell Pumps, unique detail and a 50s vibe.

Anne-of-Green-Gables-Esque Dress, flowing and feminine.

Medieval Gown, sensual off-the-shoulder sleeves and Celtic knot embroidery.

Ghawazee Coat, a floor-length jacket  of crushed velvet with ethnic detail and sexy peekaboo clasps.

Beaded Headdress, unique jewelry draped delicately over the face and hair.

No comments: