This, of course, was my first choice, but as it was more expensive, I sucked it up. Besides, it's directly across the street from my building, so at least I can look at it.
What I didn't know was that the pretty picture of Warrender Park Crescent (top photo) excluded the houses across the car park of the same name...into which I was meant to move. Meet House 28--residents: (In Alphabetical Order) Eilidh (Scots), Kirstie (Scots), MacKenzie (American), Meghna (Indian), Nicole (American), Stiwa (Bulgarian).
When I saw the outside of the building, I couldn't help but hope that the inside was at least a little bit better. On the up side, we have two stories and my room is on the top, on the down side, my bedroom, which I share with Meghna is probably three times as long as it is wide, and only just wide enough for a bed's-length. I have to thank my mother, however, for years of watching her work miracles with interior design. With a little ingenuity I was able to reposition the furniture to my liking and I have to admit, I'm quite pleased.
This is the view I get everyday almost directly outside my complex. It makes up for the less than stellar exterior.
Here it is again later in the day. It's called The Meadows. I have to walk across it in order to reach my classes. Geeze, so difficult.
In the states, sport-playing is an oft seen activity in parks. Have to say, however, that I can't recall the last time I spotted golfing in a public park back home. This brotha' was quite interesting with his dreads, his threads, and music playing out of his pocket as he putted.
This building is part of a new initiative called Quartermile to renovate the existing old and build new around it. This building is so fascinating. Though it has yet to be renovated, there's so much character still in it. As a side note, the clock functions.
Another, perhaps more vivid, portrayal of the old alongside the new.
I include this photo only in order to demonstrate the intensity of the cobble-stones around here. I've come home with aching feet the last two days. Thank you, Aunt Linda, for the forthcoming boots.
Another angle of Bristo Square with this fantastic cyclist. I enjoyed watching his tricks, though attempting to photograph him surreptitiously proved to be quite a challenge.
Finally, Bedlam Theatre. The juxtaposition of the sacred and profane is absolutely fantastic, especially considering that I just found out "bedlam" not only means chaos, but was also the name of an infamous insane asylum in England.
Hope you've enjoyed these. Look forward to the next post.



4 comments:
wow! great post! Will look fwd to more.
btw, can you please burn your RSS feed on feedburner.com and post a "subscribe by email" box? I did it, and like it a lot - my friends can get email updates when I post a new one :).
Ask me how to if you get confused.
love,
-A
My precious bearilla, daddy is soooo proud of you, am honored to be your daddy, and humbled each and everytime you call me daddy. Since you are far away and I cannot hug you, thought I would hugh you using my eclectic vocabulary. :))
You are amazingly talented, a strong and powerful human being (notice I did not say woman as that would be limiting), inundated with gifts and skills, and a true destroyer of the box! All hail to the destroyer of the box. You go girl!!!
Missing you very much and hopeful mommy and me can visti with you at Christmas time.
Thank you for the pictures and the update. I promise to have our skype set up by Sunday evening.
Love you much
Daddy
XOXOXO
MACKENZIE. achingly, utterly beautiful! can't wait to see pictures of the school and city frosted in snow... and seriously, living arrangements are overrated... as long as you like your roommate, and you can claim the space as your own (which you seem to have lovingly done), and you feel comfortable and safe, exteriors do not matter. im so proud of you! nice music touch, by the way...
love you!!!!!!
I'm so happy that you are posting this blog. You write so well. Love the pix, love the music, and feel that I can still "visit" with you via this blog. It's Annie's birthday today - and we are going to the happy place so she can pick up her gift card. Keep writing!
Love, Aunt Linda
Post a Comment